26 September, 2012

Breakfast Cups

We have been playing around with the idea of what we call Breakfast Cups.  You may have seen a Martha Stewart recipe circulating the web recently.  We have changed up the recipe a little bit and with quite a bit of success   For starters, if you use Texas Muffin Pans instead of the regular size you don't have to cut and shape and mangle the bread.  I just cut the crust off of a regular piece of bread, brushed it with melted butter and then using a cup that fits down in the tin I just smashed the bread down into its place.  Not only was it quicker and easier but you don't have to worry about removing some of the egg whites so it will fit.  

I also learned from my mistakes.  Bacon and chistora is a terrible combination.  If you cook the whites and then add the yolks on top they turn out more runny.  The "Cups" pictured below are this very flop that I learned from.  

I love the idea of being able to grab a full hot meal on the run in 15 minutes.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin