29 June, 2012

Home again, home again Jiggidy Jig

Home at last!  I apologize for the long hiatus, unfortunately I did not have access to the internet.  I am teaming with lots of post ideas!  I want to share some pictures from my trip and I am really looking forward to this months Potluck with I Heart Cooking Clubs.  I raided my families book shelves for recipes and cookbooks and brought back a whole arsenal of recipes that I want to share with you!  I found my first every cookbook and had a good chuckle flipping through the pages and seeing the splattered and stained favorite recipes... expect some cookies very soon!


I missed the Summer Salads post from I Heart Cooking Clubs but wanted to share with you my favorite "Potluck Salad"  This is the perfect salad in a pinch and it tastes fantastic!  It is good served cold or at room temperature.  You o not need all of the ingredients, but just a few basics as the base.  You can add to and take away ingredients based on the season or party theme.


Black Bean Salad
2 cups black beans, cooked and rinsed
2 limes
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
salt for seasoning (add after all the ingredients)


To this zesty mix toss in any of the following ingredients for additional flavor and color...color is key in this dish.


Red Bell Pepper or Serrano Chilies
Feta, Panela, or Mozzarella cubes
Red Onion, chopped fine
Avocado (ripe but still a little firm)
Cherry and Pear Tomatoes

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin