26 May, 2012

Turn on the Grill! with I Heart Cooking Clubs

Tacos de Cabeza and Bistec from the Tuesday Tiangis
 I am a huge fan of One Plate at a Time with Rick Bayless.  My favorite episodes are when he does a taco crawl.  Here is a clip from behind the scenes of one such show (Baja Episode 8: Tijuana Taco Crawl) these tacos make me drool!  Especially the Gringa, one of my new found favorite treats.  One episode Rick even had a Taco Party at his home in Chicago!  We also cater Taco Parties as a part of our company and so we are always looking for the perfect taco, the perfect salsa, and the perfect garnish so that we can keep our parties of the best quality...and Tacos are by far one of my favorite things to eat!  If I go more than a week without a taco I get a serious craving.

Tacos Al Pastor with Pineapple- My personal favorite
Whenever we make Carne Asada on the grill at home I just HAVE to have grilled onions for my taco.  It is so easy and makes the smokey, meaty flavor of the meat sing.  Not to mention that it is so easy, you don't even need a grill to make them, you can char the onions on a comal just as easily.

Taco garnishes ready for purchase at the Tiangis
Grilled Onions for your Tacos

Ingredients:
1 bunch - Bulb Onions or Green Onions with the white still attached
1-2 Key Limes
Maggi Jugo Seasoning Sauce

Directions:
Peel the onions and chop off the ends.  Leave the green part attached.
Grill the onions until tender or slightly char the outside of the onions on a comal and cook until tender.
Place the grilled onions in a bowl and toss with a squeeze of lime and a few dashes of Maggi. (A little goes a long way, taste first before adding more!)
Slide into your tacos and enjoy!

Secret Sauce- yum!





4 comments :

  1. So glad you are cooking Rick Bayless's recipes with us! I love grilled onions, yum! I'll have to remember to take out that secret sauce more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried tacos al pastor. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take a little bit of everything - Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tacos and your tacos are loaded up with all kinds of great stuff. Love the grilled onions too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Follow my blog with Bloglovin